TMS Therapy & Treatment Efficacy & Safety
An Effective and Durable Option for Treating Depression
Clinical trials have demonstrated the safety of TMS Therapy in treating patients who have had an inadequate response to prior antidepressant medications.
Treatment with TMS Therapy caused very few side effects and was generally well tolerated by patients. The most common side effect reported during clinical trials was scalp discomfort—generally mild to moderate and occurring less frequently after the first week of treatment.
Fewer than 5% of patients discontinued treatment with TMS Therapy due to adverse events.
Over 10,000 active treatments were performed across all clinical trials demonstrating its safety2
- No systemic side effects
- No weight gain
- No sexual dysfunction
- No sedation
- No nausea
- No dry mouth
- No adverse effects on concentration or memory
- No drug interactions
- TMS Therapy should not be used in patients with implanted metallic devices or non-removable metallic objects in or around the head. This does not include metallic fillings in teeth.
- TMS Therapy should not be used in patients with implants controlled by physiological signals. This includes pacemakers, implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs), and vagus nerve stimulators (VNS).
- Janicak PG, et al. (2010). Durability of Clinical Benefit with Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) in the Treatment of Pharmacoresistant Major Depression: Assessment of Relapse During a 6-Month, Multisite, Open-Label Study. Brain Stimulation, 3(4):187-199. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20965447
- Janicak, P, et al. Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) in the Treatment of Major Depression: A Comprehensive Summary of Safety Experience from Acute Exposure, Extended Exposure and During Reintroduction Treatment. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, February 2008.
If you have any questions
Please don’t hesitate to call us. My office staff & myself want to see our patients get healthy. This is our top priority. We emphasize results & customer care because at the end of the day that’s what matters.
During my 25+ years of treating depression, I’ve never seen results like TMS. The transformation from start to finish makes me happy to offer it to patients. People walk out of here depression-free.
TMS is covered by almost all insurance companies. BUT dealing with these insurance companies can be intimidating and stressful.
My staff has put in place an efficient system that sees if you’re covered by your insurance provider. Let us handle the insurance headache. We want to be a stepping stone in your journey to getting your life back from depression.
3 Minute Depression Test
Instructions: Click the button below. There is a list of questions that relate to life experiences common among people who have been diagnosed with depression. Please read each question carefully, and indicate how often you have experienced the same or similar challenges in the past few months.
Your privacy is important to us. Your information is NOT shared with any third party